Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Done chasing steps

Image: doogierule

I hereby pledge not to chase steps again - not for the fourth workshop in a row. I've done it for three and looked overwhelmed, confused and scared in them but not like I had actually fun dancing.

Enough of chasing steps, I'm a better dancer than that and the music and routines deserve much more credit and respect than that. If I don't know the steps, I'll make up my own according to the feel of the song or I'll shimmy but I won't become a wooden doll again. And if I don't get it by the time showtime rolls around - too bad. I'll cheer the group from the wings but I will not go out there and look overwhelmed, confused or scared again.

RIP Step Chaser

"If I die before I wake, pray the Lord my soul to take."

No comments:

Post a Comment